Friday, December 17, 2010

Birthday Balloons

Two rather different cards using the same Quickutz dies and Cuttlebug folder.

Not much explanation necessary for this one.  The balloons are cut out of patterned paper and sponged around the edges with distress ink.  I used crochet thread for the balloon strings. I embossed the background, sponged the edges, and matted with brown cardstock.  The card base and embossed layer are Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions.

For this second one, I cut the balloons out of plain bright colors and embossed them each with a different Cuttlebug folder.   I drew the strings directly on the white cardstock before embossing.  Also before embossing, I brayered the CB folder with orange ink.  I matted with orange.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Christina said...

These are gorgeous cards Lynette!!
Hugs Kristel

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful!!! What fun cards!!
Gloria

Sheri said...

too cute!

Ayana Posadas said...

I love your embossed balloons. What a unique design! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Barbara said...

Both are terrific. I really like the brayering of color on the embossing folder.

Barb

Erum Tasneem said...

love these!